Engine Master Rebuild Kits

Reapers,

Has anyone on the Digest purchased one of the engine master rebuild kits
from Northern Auto Parts Warehouse?  If so, what are your thoughts on the
quality and completeness.

I called and was told they offered a kit for the improved cooling V392 for
$599.99.  This kit supposedly includes new pistons, moly rings, cam,
lifters, all bearings, gaskets, timing gears, oil pump, freeze plugs, etc.
Gaskets are made by McChord, but can be upgraded to Felpro for an
additional $8.00.  I forgot to ask, but I suppose (hope) oversizes are
available.  And I guess the cam would have to be a stock grind.

Does anyone know how this compares with prices elsewhere... like at some of
the IH part suppliers?

Also, several months ago someone posted a complete itemized list of all
costs associated with doing a rebuild on their IH engine.  I've searched
the many 1000's of Digest messages I've archived and cannot locate that
one.  If that sender saved a copy in his e-mail out box, can you please
e-mail me another copy?  I'm trying to prepare a budget for rebuilding this
V392 I purchased at a wrecking yard over the Thanksgiving weekend.

Thanks a million,

John
jlandry AT halcyon DOT com    |
Conservative Libertarian      |
Life Member of the NRA        |        All the GOOD things in life
WA Arms Collectors            |              are DANGEROUS!
Commercial Helicopter - Inst. |
www.halcyon.com/jlandry/      |