Regarding exhaust manifold bolts

Jeff Bade wrote:
>p.s.  I am going to take my Exhaust Manifolds off and am worried about the
same thing..
Anyone have any problems before.. Any insight????<

Jeff,

  My exhaust manifold bolt heads were so badly corroded that they weren't
hex anymore!   The only way I could get them out was to weld little chunks
of metal onto the bolt heads for grip.  The stock bolts were copper coated
and had to be ground down a little so there was some clean metal to weld
onto.  The job wouldn't have been bad except the engine was still in the
car.

Doug