Dan your e-brake cable......

Dan
The e-brake cable should be tight but not pulling on the rear brake arm.
If you have a problem with low brake pedal, you should look to adjusting
the rear brakes. Turn the little spanner star in between the two shoes
on the rear. Make sure you adjust both sides evenly. I like to do it
with the rear tires in the air, and the tires on. I set the tightness so
that the wheel barely spins...like 1/2 turn.

Hope this helps

Jim