Re: Trans Cooler = FS Radiator?

>I would think the large filler opening and the inlet and outlet openings on
>the radiator would make it kind of hard to use as a transmission cooler.
>Probably be better off just springing $40 for "real" trans cooler.

I thought about the "problems" with adapting the larger radiator openings to
the smaller trans lines.. and it would CERTAINLY have a lot more trans fluid
capacity...

the large opening wouldn't be an issue.. just easier to fill.

Probably right tho'.. easier to just buy a new $40 cooler... but then what
am I going to do with this perfectly good radiator?  I can't just let it go
to the junkyard.. and it's of little use on the Scouts...

;-)

I'm going to try yanking the AC components from the Pontiac, too.. might
find a way to re-use 'em on the Scouts...

Now that I think of it... that 2.0L 4cyl isn't all *that* bad.. sure, the
cam's shot.. but it could power a York compressor pretty well... or....