Re: Trans Cooler = FS Radiator?

In a message dated 11/30/98, 4:03:13 PM, tsm1@domain.elided (Tom Mandera) writes:
Would a small "full-size" radiator work suitably for an automatic
transmission cooler?  I think I've seen aftermarket trans coolers bigger
than the main radiator in this car..

Anything fundamentally wrong with this theory?

Tom,

I would think the large filler opening and the inlet and outlet openings on
the radiator would make it kind of hard to use as a transmission cooler.
Probably be better off just springing $40 for "real" trans cooler.

Roy Ireland
'65 Scout 80
rlireland@domain.elided