Re: Remove the hood, Not RE: Digest (what ever)

On Fri, 27 Nov 1998, William Cunningham wrote:

> Tom M  told how to remove the hood with a cherry picker, I employee the
> same steps but don't have a cherry picker. A pully off of the American
> Ash Tree over my driveway works just fine, and I can keep both feet on
> the ground (most of the time) when I mess around in the engine
> compartment.

C'mon now, Willy... is this your lame method of making those of us with
lifted rigs ENVY your stock SSII for it's easy of engine maintenance?

It ain't workin'!

I can change my oil, lube my U-joints.. heck, R&R the transfer case a few
times.. all without the need of a single jack, and with plenty of room to
even ROLL OVER under my Scout.

Sure, I have to climb on the tire and sit on the fender to do any work
under the hood (and recently sprained my ankle jumping down off said
fender when I landed on the edge of the curb), and yeah.. when I was on
my road trip this summer, I *did* stop at a gas station, grab the
squeegie, and walk right onto the hood so that I could easily wash my
windshield..

But yer still not gonna make me envy having a stock sitting Scout!  :-)

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout
'77 Scout II - 4" lift, 33" tires.. even at 6', I need a ladder or sit on
the fender to do anything under the hood except add oil..