Clarification!!!

When I posted to Tom: "it's sad to say that what happened to you won't
happen to the rest of us..." I meant that it was sad that Tom got screwed!
Not that I want it to happen to the rest of us!!

What I was thinking, although I am *NOT* an optimist, that the ideal
scenario would be that everybody sees what a nightmare California is, the
rest of us then figure out a better way (there couldn't be a worse one).
THEN it's much easier to mount political pressure when you can point to 49
other examples of how to do something better than the current way.

It would be a lot more difficult and unlikely than say, the dismantling of
the USSR was, but hey, we can dream.

But in any case, Tom is already a battlefield casuality, which is what I was
saying was sad.

English can be so imprecise:  "What's that in the road...a Head?"

(but even so I can't think of more than one meaning for the word "is")