Re: Dual cats

>>.... but; also because the location of my cats causes them to not
>>operate properly.

Yeah, I hear you.  Again, although my left side cat is in exactly the same
position as it was originally on the Jeep, there is no doubt that it is much
farther away from the engine than it was on the donor vehicle.  Sigh.  I'm
sure there's some Nazi out there that would give me a hard time, even if I
only had the one.  I wouldn't be so sure they don't "operate properly," just
that they might take longer to fire off.

Thanks for all your carefully worded non-flames.  Dan put me into the mood
for digging up my Dad's old Sousa march records.   As far as the cats go,
yeah about the legal/illegal stuff, the story was only supposed to be an
illustration about how a widget that we created in response to a
governmental edict-- that is, the gov't defined the playing field BUT let
the free market determine the outcome of the game- became valuable as other
groups of people became convinced of (whether correctly or not in this case)
it's benefits.

Notice the Europeans aren't tracking us nearly as closely with the airbag
thing.  They've learned their lesson... like the rest of us are learning
about how NOT to go about cleaning up the air from Kalifornia.

Tom H. can tell you that "Public Policy" experts derive all their lessons
from their successes and never even acknowledge their failures.  Whereas all
the rest of us realize that our best teachers are our mistakes, not our
successes.

So has anybody calculated the road hp of a Scout at 65mph on a flat road on
a windless day?  C'mon, I know a few of you know enough to take a swag.

You'd certainly start with a Cd of 1.0 <g>.