Re: Tom's radiator

>pulled apart in almost 40 years. Let me point out that Steve S. says that
>our California Scouts aren't fair examples since they don't have enough
>rust on them.

I'm not positive when the leak started.. this is the radiator that was in my
'72 Scout when I bought it... and I recall that the first day I owned it, it
came dangerously close to overheating because the radiator was empty!

The '72 has shot body mounts up front.. so it may have been that the
radiator was tweaked when it was in the '72.

OTOH, I ran straight hose water through the motor for over a week after the
engine swap, so that I could see if it was leaking, and I don't recall any
leaks then...

>Tark and/or Dan certainly could be right about the cause of your radiator
>problem, but also the problem could be much more mundane than your
>extremeness. Sorry for casting aspersions on your extremeness.

It's OK, John... I look at what Todd McCullen's doing for fun... or the
other Rock-nuts, and I hafta wonder... "Wow.. what I do is *tame*!"... but
I'm working on getting my rig setup for such wild rides... hopefully there's
a week-long trip to Moab in my future for this spring..

But still, I may have to look into reinforcing this section of my Scout
anyhow.. just because.  :-)

Hmm.. maybe I could find a way to tie the radiator supports into my
rollcage... which would be tied to the frame... hmm....  more steel tubing!

-Tom