Re: Rad Repair

>place by metal straps, two top and two bottom, that were literaly just bent
>over the radiator. There was a thick rubber cushion between the metal
>straps and the radiator.
>harshly, just cradled so that they stay in place during off roading would
>be sufficient.

The racer hulk in my driveway had the radiator mounted kinda like that.

Since it's a tilt front end with no inner fenders, there was no place to
mount the radiator to.  A U was welded to the crossmember, with a thick
piece of rubber on top, that the radiator was squeezed down into on either
side.  Then a rod came up the side of the radiator (off the frame) and met
with another rod from the firewall.  Another (thinner) "U" was hooked over
the top of the radiator on either side, and fastened to the rod coming from
the firewall to support the radiator front/back.

I'll probably end up with somthing similar when I'm done.. on the racer, anyhow.

-Tom