Re: Plug wires

>If you grew up in Pittsburgh in the 60's, and now see the place in the 90's,
>the thought of just junking environmental protection, even badly applied
>environmental protection,  is just not acceptable.  So how do we do it
>better?

FWIW, I grew up in Pittsburgh in the 70s/80s... and I've seen what it looked
like prior to that.. I also lived through the fall of the steel industry in
my home town of Ambridge...

I took a train back to Pittsburgh one summer about 6 years ago... I got off
the train, and my grandparents and I walked out to their car, parked
outside, at the downtown Amtrack terminal... I stepped outside of the
terminal, took a deep breath, and proclaimed, "Yep, I'm home... gasoline,
oil, and all that other industrial air pollution.. I can smell it again!"

Not nearly as pleasant as the smell of wet warm manure that greeted me when
we finally got back to my grandparent's farm in Wexford. :-)

(I'm serious.. I'll take manure over city any day!)

-Tom (Spoiled in Montana, and won't move back to PA again)
Helena, MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout