Re: Plug wires

>Then, there are some makes/models that are just notorious for failure due
>to problems in their design/construction. Rather than going after the
>manufacturer where they should, the owner's get the shaft.

Actually, they did go after Ford once, nationally, with the Tempo.

A friend's family member had one.  It just wouldn't start on like the 7
coldest days
of a given year.   The dealership simply told them "this is what they do, we
can't
fix it."

My dad also had one.  It would start in the Artic ocean, if it could get the
air.  It also
passed emissions fine.

One day, he got a recall notice about the emissions problem.  Since the car
was over
100K and it promised a few new parts, he decided to get it done.

Never started on really cold days again.

I always liked that story because I thought it was fair punishment for
buying a Tempo in
the first place.

P.S.  The problem is that you can't just riff on the evils of gov't
employees- 'specially when like 1 out of 6 of your neighbors probably work
for the local, state, or fed goverment -  and expect to get any sympathy
from the guy stuck in traffic behind a smoke-belching monstrosity.   Much as
I love my trucks, the thought of a whole suburban neighborhood of even
like-new 1970 T/E's firing up on a cold day is not a pretty one!   What was
needed was for SEMA, et. al. to accept the problem and go proactive on the
issue.  We hear about how bad the current way is, but we don't hear any
alternative solutions.

If you grew up in Pittsburgh in the 60's, and now see the place in the 90's,
the thought of just junking environmental protection, even badly applied
environmental protection,  is just not acceptable.  So how do we do it
better?