Re: Plug wires

<< You, the poor slob with the "old" looking Scout: You get "frozen out". You
 can't find anyone to help you get your Scout cleaned up and tested, and,
 you can't register it until you do. You either donate it to charity, part
 it out or sell it to a wrecking yard - which the smog program is desinged
 to get you to do - or you become an outlaw, which is happening more and
 more as California tightens down on everyone but those driving a car less
 than five years old. >>
Totally agree, when I originally got my IH in Kalifornia, I had to get it to
pass smog.  After like 4 or 5 attempts the engine ran so poorly it passed
smog, and died on me on the way home going through the Alameda / Oakland tube.
The carb was so leaned out, I just couldn't make it up the hill.  After 2
years they "requested" that I smog it again, even after telling me that a '65
only needed to do so after a title transfer.  The IH went un-registered for a
couple more years, and after many, many eyesore and parking too long
violations, I registered it at my mom's house in MT.  Haven't had a problem
since.  Of course painting it seemed to help the eyesore stuff a lot.  Smog
laws don't necessarily make the air cleaner IMHO, at least nobody has
complained about a lack of fresh air since my IH crossed the MT border.
Seemed more like an effort to get that ugly old truck off the street than
clean up smog.  Probably the same jerks who NOW say what a nice truck it is.
Nuff of my bitter whining.
Brian
'65 D1200 4X4 4.11 345 4bbl the "Taxi"