Re: Spring Mount Welding

>Mine broke the same way..
>One after the other.. about a month apart.

Funny, Jeff... I went wheelin' one weekend (weekend after RMIHR and NWBRU),
and ripped the driver's side mount clean.  Welded it up that night.

One month later... NO FOURWHEELING... the closest I came to wheelin' was
driving slowly through some ruts at the Fairgrounds in Bozeman to get to the
"pit" for the race weekend... all pavement.... and then I noticed the
passenger side mangled badly.

I can't explain it!

>Personal recommendation for anyone with their IH..
>And a Nice welder...
>Go over all the frame welds for the hell of it..
>It'll give you a nice warm safe feeling deep inside..

I think I'll be doing that... as well as adding plenty of gussets... once I
get some practice in with the stick welder... too busy fixin' n' doin' to
practice my welding technique...

-Tom