Hercules Engine for my BC150?

As some of you may recall, I have been trying in vane to free up the BD264
engine in my '59 BC150.  Have about given up an have considered other
engines - mostly IHC.  I favor diesel engines (it is a fairly large truck)
and would love to install a PowerStroke, but too big of an investment.  The
following is part of a message I sent to Eldon McFarling.  I think he is a
bit tied up with harvest repairs.  In any case, I thought I would see if I
can ask a couple of things of you Digesters:  (1) do any of you know
anything about these engines?  The price is right (only wish it were an IHC
engine).  (2) Does anyone live close to Niles Michigan - in case I get
serious and need someone to check out the business and the engine
(basically listen to it run).

Jim Shepherd
1986 IHC S1900 being made into a motorhome
1959 BC150 in need of an engine (among other things)

>Below is an interesting posting on a truck newsgroup.  I called the folks
and they tell me they are Hercules model 465 engines (turboed).  Even come
with a transmission.  Then called Hercules and they tell me they still make
the engine today for some off-shore military applications.  The engine is
very similiar to their model D4800 (said most parts fit except the pistons
and a couple of other items).  They said the pump (injector ?) is a
multifuel unit and the engines were rated at 140 HP.  They thought the
units were equipped with a TR52T transmission - whatever that is.  Said the
engine was goverened at 2600.  That would be a bit slow for the old BC150
gearing unless the trans was an overdrive unit.  They said the back of the
engine is unique (apparently not an SAE flywheel housing) but that there is
an adapter to get it to SAE #3.

>What do you think about this engine for the BC150?  Wouldn't be IH, but
would be a pretty good puller and the price is certainly good.