Michael's problem

>Regardless, I am not sure if anyone knows these well enough to know what
>I am talking about or not, but I am not sure what to do.  Whatever the
>problem is, it appears that there is moisture on the outer gasket edges
>from the top of the tank and from the throttle body to the bowl section
>of the carb.  I am hoping that something about this mixed up  vent pump
>could be causing too much pressure in the bowl, and this could be
>forcing too much fuel through the carb.  This could push traces of gas
>out where they shouldn't go, force more gas through to slightly flood
>the engine causing a minor hesitation, and cause my gas mileage to thus
>be decreased which is what I noticed even before I noticed it start to
>run rough.
>Anybody have any ideas?
>
>Michael

Michael,
If I understand correctly what you have written, you have gas seeping out
from the area at the top of the fuel bowl and the top cover. If this is
happening, then the bowl is filling too full. The float can be set right
and the bowl can still be over filling because the needle valve that is
operated by the float isn't shutting off the gas going into the bowl.
Whether of not this is the problem, it really fits the symptoms that you
describe.
Regards,
John H.