Re: Trailors

But Jeff:

Let me say that in my own experience, any variance in the voltage supplied
to the trailer brakes must be minimal. I checked mine with a volt meter at
the trailer connector and it seemed to not vary at all; it was simply "off"
or "on". That is why I said that I thought amperage varied and not voltage.

But Landry corrected me and assured me it was voltage.

I was thinking that nothing varied and the trailer brakes were "on" or
"off". And, moreover, that when trailer brakes were "on", it wasn't like
pushing on your brake pedal. No, I figured they just sort of created
"strong drag" so the trailer would stay behind your tow vehicle while you
were braking.

Tom H.