Re: Gas Milage Award?

>I think I may qualify for the "Worst Gas Milage on a Trip" award!  More
>details on that in a second.

Hmm.. I've been putting a webpage together @

http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout/77mileage.htm

To document the fuel mileage and repairs on my '77... the top half of that
page is when I had the 196 in the Scout, on my way to RMIHR/NWBRU/etc...
you'll notice that, without pulling a trailer, I was getting ... 9mpg, 7mpg,
6mpg, 10mpg, 12mpg.. on the highway.  Overall average for the trip was
12mpg... I hit almost 20mpg while FOURWHEELING... :-)

All of this at whatever speed I was able to maintain... usually 55mph in
3rd.. :-(

>trailer.  On this trip, the gas mileage varied from a low of 5.453 mpg
>it's understandable.  On the trip out, the gas milage averaged 7.352 mpg.
>On the return trip, the gas milage averaged 8.336 mpg with a consistent

With the 4cyl this summer. my low was 6.25mpg...  high was 23.

Swapped the V8 in... I need to add more recent data still, but thus far...

5mpg up to 13mpg... there's one 17mpg in there, but I can't believe that.. I
must've used the Jerry can and not recorded it... ;)

-Tom