You really did miss me!

>From: "Owen" <renarac@domain.elided>
>Subject: Re: Where to get Hammerite?
>
>I'm supprised you can't find it. It's all over the west coast. Parker Paints
>is definately the west coast distributor, and I believe the US distributor
>of Hammerite.  http://www.parkerpaint.com is their website.
>
>One interesting note. I grew up in North Tacoma and lived across the street
>from the Parker's house on McCarver st.(My folks' house was bigger..people
>always assumed that we were ritcher than the Parkers...Dad was in realestate
>and just got a screamin' deal..but anyway) By the time I was around, Mr.
>Parker had died, but Mrs. Parker was still a tough old coot. Her kids were
>bastards, though. They'd rarely come to visit. The old lady would get lonely
>and drop by about every other week and we'd take her to dinner at her
>favorite place to eat, HarborLights on the waterfront. As she got older, she
>went senile and my sister helped take care of her near the end, and even
>spent a quite a few nights over there when Mrs. Parker went through a period
>of waking up screaming and wandering through the neighborhood. After she
>died, her kids almost drove it itno the ground, sold off Parker Paint and
>bickered over the money. During that time, Parker Paints got a reputation
>for bad paint. Since it's been under new control, quality is back up to Mr
>and Mrs Parker's level of quality. If you're in the northwest, give the
>paint a try. It's really good stuff.
>No, I'm not an employee or distributor. It's just nice that a local company
>is putting out such a good product.

See, digesters, probably without even knowing it, you needed somebody to
tell you great stories about past happenings, and Owen had to step in and
make up for the stories that I haven't been here to tell. It was a very
interesting story, Owen.

John

John Hofstetter  "Ol'Saline's Web Site" www.goldrush.com/~hofs
"Perhaps more to remember than ever really happened"
Life Member, National Rifle Ass.     California Rifle and Pistol Ass.
Member, Sierra Macintosh Users Group and MacTwain Macintosh Users Group
Charter Member, FRIENDS OF DEATH VALLEY   Member, Blue Ribbon Coalition
Life Member, Association of California School Administrators
Owner of 79 Scout Terra "It's a legend"