Re: Bumper/brush guard for Scout II

Tom,

Sounds like the same unit - guess maybe I got ripped off  : - (
(Mine has 5/16" side plates and 3" diameter tubes between the plates.  No
headlight protection.)

I (foolishly) did have tow hooks on mine:  Dan Nees managed to change that
during out Scout the Pinelands outing.  Now, the entire unit awaits the
arrival of my MIG (probably before the end of the year) and my
oxy-acetylene outfit (Dad's will work for now) so that it can be
straightened and have MUCH heavier mounting tabs attached.  Current
overkill plans (isn't there a word for that? <g>) include welding a length
of 6" x 6" I-beam between the to-be-straightened side plates.

When my guard did break, it broke too cleanly along the welds.  An
indication to me that the welding was not done properly in the first place.

Joe Costanzo
'79 Scout II