Re: Bumper/brush guard for Scout II

>Check JC Whitney - they carry Smittybilt grille guards for the Scout II for
>about $140.  Just don't attach tow hooks to it.
>Joe Costanzo

Joe,

You're not talking about the Smittybilt Bumper Thumper... bolts to the stock
bumper mount bolts.. comes straight up on either side, with two tubes.  No
headlight protection (gee, I coulda used that..).. right?

I bought one for $90 from Four Wheel Parts Wholesalers.

I don't have tow hooks mounted to it.. I do have 2 6" KC Daylighters,
mounted sideways via two holes I bored in the sides...

But I do have a few nasty bends on the lower portion from where the Bumper
Thumper met a few large rocks... believe it or not, it's affecting my
approach angle!

:)

One day soon I'm going to pick up some steel tube from the local supplier
and fab a new front bumper... I have the welder now... and the plans for how
Thebert built his front bumper... and my own ideas on how to improve on it.. :-)

-Tom
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout