Re: Manual vs. Auto chokes

>Now, if I wanted to be Landryesqe, I would mount two high precision
>temperature gauges- coolant and ambient air-  I would then construct charts
>or formulas to tell me down to the millimeter how far to pull out the choke
>for given conditions!!

What?  You'd leave it to be manually actuated?  I'm thinking laser-beam
ruler and some precision electric motors to actuate the choke for you...

Of course... I recall that with a blower, you don't need a choke at all...

>Oh, and there's a third problem if somebody like my wife drives the truck.
>When for any reason it isn't idling well, she uses the choke to boost the
>idle.  This of course richens the mixture, blackening the plugs, and the
>whole thing goes into a downward spiral.

Hand throttle, Chris.  Hand throttle.  Or, for the hand-eye challenged,
installed a push button solenoid to kick it back to fast-idle but not
choke/butterfly.

-Tom