Testing 1,2,3..

This is a test of MS Outlook (e-mailer), to see if I clicked the right
setting (changed my mail from HTML to plain text) to prevent screwing up the
list.

Now for the bitching:

I'm really beginning to move over to the Gum'nt/Netscape/et.al's side on
this one.  (Apologies to Dan <g>).

I had to install MS Visual C++ 6.0 on my machine, and, guess what, it said
that "Internet
Explorer 4.0 is ESSENTIAL for use of this product." (my caps)

WHAT????

C'mon, it's a C compiler for God's sake, WTH does it need a web browser for,
and on top of that, only Microsoft's will work?  Something stinks here, no?

So it then asked that stupid question "Do you want to install it"-- no, I
really don't, but considering that my current project requires VC then I
don't have much choice, do I??

And then when you install it you get MS Outlook, no matter what.  And there
isn't any clear way to remove it.

So MS Outlook's now the newest e-mail program I have, so I pretty much have
to try it out and if it works then get rid of the other 3 or 4 or 5 or
whatever I have cluttering up  this machine.  And it *will* likely be better
than all but Netscape's, as it is much newer than the others, and it will be
pretty indistinguisible from NS because they copy everything NS does.

So I, with my eyes wide open, go right into their scummy trap.  Don't give
me a hard time, I gave up trying to fix the world quite a while ago.

But it is a scummy trap and I didn't want to go down without making some
noise, anyway.

PS:  I have Internet Explorer's home page set to, like any true IHCaholic,
the BB classified ad page.  Yet it starts up on a MS page, anyway.
Surprise, surprise.  Have they separated "home page" out from, like, "portal
page" and if so, does anybody know how I can get it to start with a
connection to the page I really want?