Re: Testing 1,2,3..

On Fri, 13 Nov 1998, Chris and Ranae Procyk wrote:

> to try it out and if it works then get rid of the other 3 or 4 or 5 or
> whatever I have cluttering up  this machine.  And it *will* likely be better
> than all but Netscape's, as it is much newer than the others, and it will be

FWIW, I use a very old email program at home.. it's called "pine".. and
it doesn't have a slick clicky-mousey interface.. I use the keyboard (go
figure.. use the keyboard for email?).  It's never let me down.  Too bad
I haven't seen a "pine for Windows" or even DOS version yet..

Did I mention it runs on Linux (and any other Unix variant)?

When I'm at work, I use a very old version of Eudora to read my mail from
home.. it's simple.. it works.. n' I like it. :)

> the BB classified ad page.  Yet it starts up on a MS page, anyway.
> Surprise, surprise.  Have they separated "home page" out from, like, "portal
> page" and if so, does anybody know how I can get it to start with a
> connection to the page I really want?

I bet.. if you go into the Taskbar settings.. and start manipulating your
shortcuts and menu items, you'll find the shortcut for MS-Internet
Explorer has more than just the EXE specified in it.. like a URL for the
MicroSloth homepage you don't want to see.  Get rid of it. :-)

-Tom