Re: The Majority Voice...

On Wed, 11 Nov 1998, John A. Landry wrote:

> Seriously... I went for a MIG welder over the torch.  Although a torch is
> looming on the distant horizon!

I'm about to go outside and put together my new 30' leads for my 230amp
AC stick welder... *then* I'm going to test out my new 1/8" cutting rod
on the racer carcass...

Maybe I can get a decent deal from both works.. cutting with the cutting
rod and welding with the welding rod.. not as pretty a weld as the MIG,
nor as easy a cut as the torch...  but the price was right, and I
*needed* the welder the weekend I bought it (stupid spring mounts keep
ripping from the frame... )

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout
Century 230Amp, 220V AC arc welder, getting 30+' leads