Whats The White wire for?

Coming out of the gold box there is a white wire thats not connected to
anything.  The connectors to the Gold box have been altered and there is
nothing connected to the white wire.
     It's kinda wierd: I don't have a computer
     but I have a web site and e-mail addresss......and then
     I have a Scout and I can't figure out whats wrong with it.
Rik DesJardin
rikofwa@domain.elided            web site: http:// users.pullman.com/rdesjard

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]