Re: RegardingTomM

>All right!
>   Since I've already recieved two reply's to my comments, let me
>explain.

:-) I figured you would... heh...

>   How many of us think Tom would have four scout hulks, a racer, a
>front Locker, 33" tires, a V8, a T-19 installed, a welder, and whatever
>else, if he had gone ahead with his wedding?

I wouldn't.  I caught enough flack over the 4" lift... "You don't *need* to
lift your Scout.. that's just stupid"... who the heck said anything about
NEED? :-)

Had I married that individual, I'd be a very much less happy man.  And there
wouldn't be half the posts to the Digest from me.  OTOH, I'd be working late
a lot more...

Oh, and don't forget... no RMIHR, No Moab, no NWBRU, and certainly no
Nationals for me if I'd gotten hitched...

>   I think this is pretty good evidence for me to be concerned for Tom's
>well being.

*nod*  n' I appreciate it, Dan. :)

>   I agree that there are many females out there who are just as crazy
>about IH's as we are, Theresa, Stacy, Beverly, ect.. but they are the
>exception to the rule. My mother, for example, has had 2 Ford Falcon's
>towed out of our driveway to the junkyard. Perfectly good parts cars!

Fortunately, the latest diversion from my Scout persuits looks a little more
promising than the last (no, wait, a LOT more promising!)... she's a native
Montanan, drives a pickup (unfortunately, not an IH, but it's a start), and
while she's not a 'Binder Nut yet.... she likes the Scout(s) and she even
took me a little out of our way on Saturday to look at the '74 3/4T for
sale.. and didn't make any rude/bad comments about it. ("What a piece of
JUNK" comes to mind...)

Heck... I got an email last night, n' she was saying she was impressed (or
was it amazed?) that I knew how much of the Scout I could tear apart in the
night and still put it enough back together to drive to work in the AM.
And when it stalls or acts up, she's understanding.

Heck, she didn't even panic when I drove the front axle up onto a fallen
tree trunk and bumped a fence post a week ago.  :-)

The trick is finding the right ones... :-)

I'm also blessed by a mom that's understanding... heck, she started me on
this... she had her two '73 stations wagons (Buick & Pontiac) that she was
hot-rodding... then she bought the two Chevettes for my brother.. and my
second Luv.. I've just taken it to the next level with FOUR Scout IIs, and
most of a 5th lying in the garage in the form or spare axles and
transmissions and motors. :-)

But even she gets after me now and then to haul something away...
fortunately, we did some rearranging of the family fleet a week ago, and
there's PLENTY of space for more Scouts and parts!

It all comes back to something I'd said to Bill Thebert on BinderChat a
while ago... he needs to expand the BinderBulletin web site to include a
"Binder Personals" database... so IH males and IH females could find each
other more readily...  and unlike the controversial off-spring issue (some
folks don't mind little 'uns, some do.. ), I don't think *anyone* would
complain about another IH lover (hey, it'd really be an "IH Lover" in this
case) having *too many* 'Binders to bring into the relationship.

To make things even more IH related...

I'm going to change my tires out tonight... take the 33x12.50 Cooper STT
mudders off, and put my 235/75R15 snow tires on stock wheels (put the
hubcaps on, too?  mebbe) back on the Scout...

Why??!!  Won't that look stupid??  You bet.. and I'll take pictures to show
everyone what a 4" lifted Scout with 29" tires looks like...

But I have tomorrow off (more Scout work probably... plus play with my gun a
little.. it'll be daylight.. since the sun sets at 5pm, I can't make it to
the rifle range after work)... and I'm going to load the Coopers up in the
back and drop 'em off at the tire dealer that sold 'em to me... to have one
hole patched (Yep, finally punctured one... slow leak) and have all 4
siped... they're just NOT doing much on the icy roads we've had the last
couple days.

Just hopin' I won't get laughed at too much with those dinky little itty
bitty tires.... and I bet I can *really* lay some rubber then!  (Hmm.. yeah,
I still have one more spare driveshaft... I'm OK.. and one extra transfer
case if it gets really bad)

I wonder how fast it'll accelerate... doesn't do too bad with the 4.09s and
33s now... I probably won't be able to shift fast enough with the 29s on it...

-Tom Mandera, Helena MT
http://www.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout
'72, '77, '77, and '78 Scout IIs