Re: Still feeling stupid...

>The extra 4" that the TC sits back in an automatic also means the U-joint
>is 4" further tucked into the hollow created by the bottom of the cab, the
>trans cross member and the exhaust. The moral is, you can't get to it to
>grease it very well at all.

And, as I know too well, with the manual tranny it's a PITA to get in
there... to grease, or to R&R as the case may be... :-)

Of course, I also despise the side-mounted fill plug on my '72 Dana 20 that
I swapped into the '77... right where the dual exhaust runs... oh-boy...
OUCH.... and I can't get my hands up there all that well to get the plug
started, either...

Gotta get that twin-stick'd Bronco geared Dana 20 in the garage put together
soon... with the rear-mounted fill plug. :-)

-Tom