Re: Re: Scout 800 Power Steering Conversion

Bill T wrote:
>The 800 drag link is designed to fit over a "ball" on the pitman arm -- a
"ball" that the Scout II pitman arm doesn't have.  Since we were unable to
locate a source for such a ball (that would fit into the existing tapered
hole in the Scout II pitman arm), we opted in the Bulletin article for a
drag link upgrade at the same time -- to a style with modern, tapered
tie-rod ends.<

Bill,

  I got the "ball" off a spare 800 tie rod assembly.  Since I had the part
it didn't occur to me availability would be a problem.  Don't any other
vehicles use this type of ball?

  I like the idea of the newer style tie rod ends,  I've been planning on
fabricating  a new  stainless steel drag link and tie rod assembly  when I
get the time. . . . . low priority right now.

Doug