Alternator Upgrades

Alternator Willy & Others,
Correct me if I am wrong ...but does the DR 90+ amp output unit
use a larger frame size?  Somewhere I read that about this point, the
stator is physically too large to fit the more common frame size.  So
..if you know the details, share with us ...how much larger is this
thing, what is the increased cost and are there any common parts
between the two?

You mention the 37 to 6x amp upgrade required a kit.  Was this
only a larger stator?  Or were more bits and pieces required
(regulator)?

Did you consider (or change to) the single wire type?

Thanks Willy (and any other jumper-ons)!