Re: Spring Rearching

On Tue, 27 Oct 1998 20:49:36 EST TERNOV@domain.elided writes:

>Also, what does anyone think about rearched springs? I've read in some
mags
>that they sag quicker than new springs, but if they're done right, I
don't see
>why they would. Any comments?

I've heard the same regarding spring repairs--rearching won't provide the
same strenght/life/etc. that a new spring will.  I think if is due to the
fact that the structure of the steel takes a certain set when it is
worked hot and formed to a certain shape.  You can use force to alter
this shape, but the same strength is not there that the steel had
originally.  Usually, if a spring was rearched to cure a sagging
condition in warranty, the fix wouldn't last.

Howard Pletcher
Howteron Products Scout Parts

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]