80/800 tire clearance questions

With all this talk about fitting 33's, I have a few of my own dealing with the
80/800 series Scots. I've actually been ding bodywork on my '65 Scout 80 for
quite some time, and have finally gotten around to painting it International
Orange. Anyway, now I'm looking at ordering some tires. I want to go with some
32's or 33's, in either a ground hawg, swamper, or buckshot mudder, but I
really don't know how much lift I'm going to need. I am definately sticking
with something in the 9.5-11 in. width range, so I don't have to completely
kiss steering goodbye (you Scout II guys don't know how good you have it in
this particular department). I do have a 2" body lift available to me for free
or cheap, off of an 800. I also want to buy some stronger shackles, so perhaps
I could just get some 1" lift shackles instead of stock height. Will 3" be
enough to clear this rubber.
	Also, what does anyone think about rearched springs? I've read in some mags
that they sag quicker than new springs, but if they're done right, I don't see
why they would. Any comments?
Thanks,
Devin Smith
'65 Scout 80 turbo