Starter Woes..FIXED

Reapers,
   Thanks again to all who responded to my post about the (non-)starter.
Yesterday I played hookey from work and decided (gasp)
to take the advice and read my service manual.  Could not find that starter
relay to save my life.  I looked in my manual to find it and discovered a
complete T/S section on the starter and components.  Making the resistance
readings found a high resistive load in the battery to solenoid link.  Not
good for a straight cable.  Cleaning both ends brought the cable close
enough to start, and I drove to the store to get a new one.  Of course the
beast did not start at the parts store, so I changed the cable in the
parking lot.  Problem solved at least for now.  I think it's time to re-read
the ENTIRE manual again in penance for making stupid mistakes  VBG!!!

Reapers in Portland: I'm towing my 68 T-all back up I-205/I-5 on Sat
afternoon.  Honk or flash if you see us!

Mike Stenstrom