800 master cylinder woes

Gregg
  I have two suggestions for your brake problem:
1.  Did you COMPLETELY bench bleed the master cyl with it
positioned LEVEL?  I clamp one of the mounting ears in my bench
vise.   Then, get some short sections of brakeline, run them from
the outlet ports back up into each reservoir so they are covered with
fluid and pump it until you see no air bubbles.  Then let it sit a while.
Then tap it with the end of a hammer handle or something.  Then
pump it some more.  Be thorough!  The mount it and proceed
with regular bleeding.

2.  I had a problem recently, where I didn't have my front brakes
adjusted up tight enough.  My fronts come from the rear
reservoir, and apparently the piston was overtravelling to the
point that the rear brakes would apply (can't overtravel the
front piston unless it hits the far end of the cylinder) but the
fronts seemed to release the pressure when the piston
travelled too far.  This also caused my brake warning light
to come on.  Once I adjusted the shoes tighter, the problem
went away and all was well.  So, I would certainly check the
adjustment, and then maybe the pushrod since you are running
a Scout II setup.  I don't recall, were you running a power booster
too, or just putting the dual master cyl on?

Allan Weidenheimer
72 1210 Pickup