Rick's 1000c bed

I have a 7-ft step side bed that had a completely trashed floor-
the truck had spent much of it's life as a bricklayer's vehicle... and
he obviously took Howards "2000 lbs around town" advice to heart!

The local shop (Parker Metal Products) didn't have a big enough
metal brake to imitate the IH pattern,,, or maybe it was impossible
to do anything but stamp something that wide... I don't remember.

After playing around with the idea of a wood floor, we wound up welding
in a repro Ford metal floor- it doesn't look anything like the
IH, though.

I hate to be free with your time.. but have you considered acquiring the
stepside fenders (which will be more available and easier to ship than
any p/up box) and building a custom wood bed?  The IH stepside is at least
4" wider than a GM stepside, so even though the wood is thicker you'd
still be wide enough inside for a (smaller-<g>) camper top.  You could
also get the tailgate and steps.. I also thought that aluminum steps would
look great.  I can measure the outside dimensions of the bed for you.

I totally agree with you that the 7ft 1000 is both nice to drive and killer
proportioned... it's by a long shot my first choice of the three to take
anywhere.. I really miss it (it will definitely be back on the road by spring).

P.S.:  My alignment specs were from Chiltons... I don't have my IH manuals
completely labeled yet so it was just a lot quicker to get them from there.
So use Alan's specs-- I'm sure they're the same for the earlier trucks, but
I'll verify that shortly.

**In Use**
'70 1200D 4x4 Travelette 392 4spd
'73 1210 Wagonmaster, 392 auto
**Prepping for Repaint**
'67 1000B step-side p/up  BG241 + 4spd
**Parts (future projects?)**
'72 1010 T'all  392 at, '67 1000B T'all 266 3sp, '68 1100C 4X4 T'all 345 at