Re: A clarification.

> From: Rick Lund-Pedersen <thing@domain.elided>
> Date: Sunday, October 25, 1998 8:21 AM

> It seems to me that I have been berated for asking a question.

Rick:

I know that I made a joke about Howard "beating around the bush" when he was
advising you against this particular truck/camper combo.

My sincerest apologies if that felt like I was "berating" or mocking you.
That was surely not my intention.

My perception is that Howard cares very deeply for the safety and well-being
of the IH-lovers that congregate on this forum.  That Howard felt he needed
to post a second message to assure complete clarity regarding his
recommendation bears witness to this concern on his part.

I very much appreciate Howard's concern for all of us, and his willingness
to share his experience and "perspective" on so many things IH.  My attempt
at a "joke" was an effort to express (however poorly) my fondness for
Howard, and my gratitude for his contributions.  It was by no means an
attempt to belittle either you or the question you were asking.  My deepest
apologies once again if it appeared to be so.

Sincerely,

Bill Thebert

My note in question: