Scout 345 V8 starter woes....

Hi all:

 I recently pulled the starter off my Scout II.   It has a 345 V8.    The
solenoid fried on it and I finally got tired of welding a wrench to the
frame every time I decided to start it.   I pulled the starter off, and
basically it took over 3 1/2 hours!   Swapping solenoids took 10 minuets!
Well now I am faced with the challenge of sticking this thing back on.   I
have been putting it off for days.    Does anybody here have any good ideas
on how to make the job easier?    Any special tools required?   Thanks.

Chris "Lube" Lublin
lublin@domain.elided.