Re: Starter Woes...Continue

Mike:

I meant to pitch in my 2 cents worth last week, but never got around to it.
Actually, I rather expected someone else to speak up with what I was
thinking;  but since no one else did, better late than never, right?

I believe I recall you saying that you were going to tow this Travelall from
a ball on the step bumper of the F-250?

I am pretty confident that 6,000+ lbs of Travelall & tow dolly will well
exceed that max load rating of just about any bumper-mounted hitch ball.
Most of those are rated up to about 3,000 lbs or so.

Any chance of getting a frame-mounted receiver onto that F-250 before this
trip?  I think you should be able to score such a receiver for about $80 -
100.  I just bought an F-250 myself, and purchased a slightly more "custom"
receiver for same (slightly longer receiver tube, to extend further out from
under the existing step bumper) for about $150.

I believe a frame-mounted Class III receiver would be far safer than
overloading a bumper hitch.

Regards,

Bill Thebert