Winching with Hi-Lift

Help!

I was looking at mt T'all more closely to surmise the true damage after
the accident, and am not as scared as I once was.  The frame does appear
to have a minor, minor crease in the frame forward of the steering box,
right where it bends a little there by design.  Because of its location,
I think it would only affect the bumper alignment, but probably
shouldn't throw the whole thing out of kilter.  I have a hi-lift, and a
big tree, and wanted to start to pull the radiator out and the grille
and see if I could swap in the radiator from my Scout II (both have
345's), and whatever other parts it needs and try to drive it down the
road.  I have never used a hi-lift as a winch before, and was looking
for some tips.
Is the "ring" you have been referring to the opening just under the
"platform" that you put under your bumper for the lifting?  Mine has an
opening there that I thought would serve the purpose, but I want to make
sure before I put my windshield ot with dreaded flying metal hooks from
my tow strap!
Any advice from you more knowledgeable types would be appreciated!
Thanks!

Michael