Re: Manderaism forming

On Sat, 24 Oct 1998, Daniel Nees wrote:

> Tom and others,
>    I just got a catalog in the mail today from Dzus fasteners,
> http://www.dzus.com . I have all kinds of ideas floating through my head
> now.

Uh oh.. I may have to hit this site tomorrow... (runnin' out the door
right now)... this could get dangerous!

>    I originally wanted the Dzus' for my hood locks, but; after looking
> through the selections they have, all kinds of possible uses flooded
> into my head. I was thinking of replacing all the bolt hardware on my
> front fenders with 1/4 turn Dzus locks. That way when I get back from

Hey, I have a fix for the front fender problem.  I have a tilt front-end
sitting in my driveway.  The hood was welded to the outer fenders,
strengthened, then hinged at the front, via hinges welded to the bumper.
Then you just have two hood-pins to lock the hood down.  No rusty fenders
(no inner fenders at all), and it's easy to wash the back side.. just
flip it forward. :-)

Actually, I'm going to continue to use this front clip on my racer.. but
*after* I figured out how I want to re-attach inner fenders to it, keep
the inners somewhat rigid and attached to the outers, but still have the
inners tilt.. I can't see how having NO inner fenders keeps mud off the
motor... ;)

-Tom