33 inch tires

I have 33 bfg mts on my scout. I have had problems with clearance in
the rear during a severe articulation. My truck has add a leafs and a
3 inch body lift. I have looked at the rear and there is no way that a
33 inch tire will fit in the wheel well. I have done a fair share of
clearancing with a sledge hammer etc. What I did was install longer
shackles in the rear. they are about .5 inch over stock. The truck
does not look bad and this helped clear the tires. I also limited the
articulation by maintain-g stock length shocks. The truck will
articulate quite a bit and will very rarely hit the fender wells.