Re: Those with 4 cylinders I need some info on jetting

>So you got the 24 mpg average on the model 1940 carb, right?  I wonder

Model 1940 (the one w/o a visible float bowl) with a bad vacuum leak (of the
4 bolts holding the throttle body together, they were mostly gone, with the
throttle cable holding the carb together).  That's when I hit 24mpg... it
wouldn't idle, but it would run on the highway.  ;-)

>jetting.  I think I will try a two barrel set-up like those introduced in
>the 1970's (during the gas crisis) which modulated the flow upon necessary

A progressive 2bbl would be nice, but I don't think the 196 flows that much
that you'll notice it... and you'll be dealing with a 2bbl-->1bbl adapter to
confuse things, too.

Some day, that 196 will live again in another Scout (with my 3spd too I
bet... gotta find a carcass for mom to have... prefereably a carcass with a
345/wide T19 that it won't be needing... this will be my revenge for the
Chevy Luv I was forced to own in highschool... "nice little 4cyl, can't get
into trouble"... actually, the 196 was very impressive with stock size (and
31) tires.. ), and I'll work again on tuning it up to get the mileage it
should get.

In the meantime, I'm working on making my 304 get better mileage than the
196 (I've accomplished that.. but there's still more to gain)

-Tom