Re: Tom's V8 mileage

>You all have sure done better than my 304 Terra. I tracked gas mileage
>miles driven divided by total fuel purchased) has been 11.5 MPG. Usual

>Monroe for NWBR this year, the damn thing appears to be getting 14 MPG!

Hey Tom... you have nothing to complain about.  On that same trip this
summer, I netted a whopping 12mpg overall... with a FOUR CYLINDER that
wouldn't push 75mph unless I was on a downhill with a tailwind (or a
*really* steep downhill)... and the slightest breeze on a flat sent me from
65/70 in 4th, to reaching for 3rd gear and *trying* to hold 45mph...

All that, and 12mpg, and a complete lack of giddyap.

OTOH, my V8 nets 13 now... and I'm not done tuning. :-)

*and*, as I know first hand, not only does it have giddyap, and it'll pop
yer neck when you put your foot in it... but it'll pop driveshafts and
transfer cases, to boot!

-Tom