Re: Tom's V8

On Fri, 23 Oct 1998, Steve Stegmann wrote:

> Tom,
>
> Keep after the carb.  It simply has to be the carb.  Nothing else
> accounts for the symptoms.

Full kit will be in on Saturday morning... swing by NAPA for the kit,
then let the carb soak for a few hours while I do other stuff.. hopefully
this'll do it!

> BTW I can get 16 mpg on level interstate if I stay around 60 mph.  Well,

I *just* hit 16mpg once.. 45mph, 3.73/31s, bikini top.. (45mph because
any faster and I was freezin')

Previously, I would get 12-15mpg on the highway.. and, as I've said,
196/4.09/33s = 12mpg and no speed... so the 304 is doing better even now
so long as I keep from fouling plugs. :)

Thanks, Steve.  I'll let everyone know how it goes after the carb kit
this weekend...

-Tom