Re: Lift kits?

Tom,

<<But, I'll first state - Nope, can't do it.  You can't fit 33s on a Scout II

with *just* a 4" lift.>>

I just hate to disagree with someone, but I think you may not be correct on
this one. I believe you can fit 33's on a Scout II with 4" of lift. My 74
Scout II has a 3" body lift, Add-A-Leafs and rear extended shackles, and
33x12.5x15 tires on it, and they never rub, going through the Rubicon and I
scored an 890 at the RTI test at the NWBRU.

Is it possible that the 4" suspension lifts being sold are not giving a true
4" of lift ? Are axles being relocated forward or rearward with the lifts as
to affect fitting the tires ? I think what we really need to find out is, what
height the body needs to be off the ground, for 33's to fit. I think I
remember seeing on the Binder Bulletin web site, the specs for what is needed
in a lift to clear certain sizes of tires, and that suspension lifts require
1" more than body lifts. This would make me think that a 4" suspension lift
really only gives 3" of lift.

So my thought is that if we know what height is needed to clear a certain size
tire, and you install for example a 4" suspension lift and you measure the
body height, and it's 1/2 short, you know that a 1" body lift will do the
trick. Make sense ?

STeve - 74 Scout II with the infamous 40 gallon tank and 33's that clear