Scout II heating

Binders,

After much thinking that my heater system may not be fully operational, I
finally stuck a thermometer in the vents to find what my temps are.  With a
warm engine on a 60-ish degree day here in Pennsylvania, I'm running 120
deg on the driver's side, and about 110 on the passenger's side.  (Air
fully on, fan on high, heat control on high, air sent to defrost ducts
beneath windshield.)  The air flow is much higher on the pass. side than on
the driver's.  (Is this because the blower is closer to that side?)  I'm
thinking that the temp should be more on the 140-150 range.  I have a new
heater core (a year or two), a clean cooling system, and I do not notice
any fluctuations in temp at road speed v. sitting still.

Does this sound right?  It wasn't the warmest vehicle to drive last winter,
and I'm hoping to avoid a repeat this year.

Thanks all.

Joe Costanzo
'79 Scout II