Re: Fittin 33,s

At 11:34 AM 10/21/98 -0400, you wrote:
>>>But, I'll first state - Nope, can't do it.  You can't fit 33s on a Scout II
>>>with *just* a 4" lift.
>>
>>This is not true I installed 33x9.50-15 tires on my scout with the 4"
>>Trailmaster and they didnt rub and I didn't lose any wheel travel.
>
>Hey, John... remember at NWBRU, you made that claim?  And I walked over to
>your Traveler and showed you the tell-tale bent steel at the rear edge of
>the rear wheel well (inner section)?  That same section of steel that I have
>"clearanced" as much as possible, but still rub on?

Yea but thats because I dont have any bumpstops....grin
(found out the other day while climing under.)

Ah the secret to my not awsome but good articulation comes out.

So does anybody have a lead on a aftermarket bumpstop set. It will stop me
from bumping the header when the front end pops up in the air

John Fleck
Back Country Binders

1979 Travler- Camping, Towing, hunting, fishing, hauling rig
1978 Scout 2- 26,268 original miles....FOR SALE....
1967 800- 78,289 org miles, around town driving business advertisment write
off.
1968 800- body to transplant on Hard core offroad rig with Scout 2 frame
1977 Travler-parts rig
1974 Postal Scout- Perfect shape..needs engin rebuilt..FOR SALE....