Dirks Questions

RE:
I have a few questions and was hoping someone could help me out.  I was
browsing the web about a month ago and came across a Scout page on the
Binder web-ring that had a picture of a custom front winch bumper (could
have been an advert or similar, shot was from the side if I remember
correctly).  It wasn't the narrow c-channel chrome type bumper or a round
tube style either.  While it did look similar to the c-channel type, it was
angled in on the bottom (kind of like a skid-plate), was black and looked
pretty substantial.  I know I am hunting here but for the life of me I
cannot find the page again and was wondering if anyone could help me out a
bit.

The next question is for another web page I have been looking for as well.
Someone was going to cut out the inside of the bed in their Scout II and
weld in some recessed boxes to hold their hi-lift jack and stereo system
amplifiers, they said they would post photos when they were done.  Anyone
know this person or their site?

Answer:

Dirk that is me you were talking about on the boxes. I have them all laid
out but have not cut and welded them in yet. As soon as soon comes I am
tearing into the traveler this winter as I now have two more Scouts to
drive while its under construction.

As for your Bumper dilema Draw me a picture and I will make one for you.
E-mail me off digest and we can talk about it.

John Fleck
Back Country Binders

1979 Travler- Camping, Towing, hunting, fishing, hauling rig
1978 Scout 2- 26,268 original miles....FOR SALE....
1967 800- 78,289 org miles, around town driving business advertisment write
off.
1968 800- body to transplant on Hard core offroad rig with Scout 2 frame
1977 Travler-parts rig
1974 Postal Scout- Perfect shape..needs engin rebuilt..FOR SALE....