Re: Ops....

jbade@domain.elided wrote:

> Ok people,
> I got a story for you... It's short..
> It was raining really bad last Saturday here in Chicago...
> I went to have lunch with a friend of mine..
> So I'm sitting at a light.. My foot slipped off the brake...
> BANG!!!!  Right into a 1998 Dodge Intrepid...
> I hardly hit it... I wasn't moving... Just should have bumped bumpers...
> Right?    But wouldn't you know it..
> Bumper destroyed... Rear quarters popped out..
> Trunk buckled in the middle...
> Luckily no one was hurt.. Except my perfect driving record....
> Damn It...
> I keep on forgetting how fragile cars are now a days...
> If I hit a old Caprice or something It would have been fine...
> But if I hit the Intrepid at more of a force.. They wouldn't have walked
> away..
> I realize they make these crumple zones... but really...
> Give me Old Steel any day.. My life is worth more then to drive around in a
> tin can...
> More money down the drain that could have been the paint job....
> It'll be primer gray forever..
>
> But I do have a souvenir..
> A nice chunk of red taillight lens that is stuck between the Tube Bumper and
> My License Plate..
> A real nice touch to warn people in front of you...
>
> Jeff Bade
> Chicago, IL
> 1980 Scout ][, 304, TF727, D300, 3" Body lift, 4" Spring lift,
> 33x12.5xr15 tires, 4 wheel disk, SS][ converted

 The important things is that you nor anyone else was hurt. No damage to the
Scout? That's the kind of testimonial I normally hear from my fellow Hummer
owners! I heard about totaled cars and a maximum of paint scratches on the
bumper. I guess that makes 3 vehicles I have that'll survive a decent amount of
impact. The crumple zones on cars nowadays are pathetically weak but designed to
save lives, I guess.

'Glad you weren't hurt!

--
Kevin Curry <>< - Kevin@domain.elided
Lisa Curry <>< - Gonna be a trailblazer yet!