Ops....

Ok people,
I got a story for you... It's short..
It was raining really bad last Saturday here in Chicago...
I went to have lunch with a friend of mine..
So I'm sitting at a light.. My foot slipped off the brake...
BANG!!!!  Right into a 1998 Dodge Intrepid...
I hardly hit it... I wasn't moving... Just should have bumped bumpers...
Right?    But wouldn't you know it..
Bumper destroyed... Rear quarters popped out..
Trunk buckled in the middle...
Luckily no one was hurt.. Except my perfect driving record....
Damn It...
I keep on forgetting how fragile cars are now a days...
If I hit a old Caprice or something It would have been fine...
But if I hit the Intrepid at more of a force.. They wouldn't have walked
away..
I realize they make these crumple zones... but really...
Give me Old Steel any day.. My life is worth more then to drive around in a
tin can...
More money down the drain that could have been the paint job....
It'll be primer gray forever..

But I do have a souvenir..
A nice chunk of red taillight lens that is stuck between the Tube Bumper and
My License Plate..
A real nice touch to warn people in front of you...

Jeff Bade
Chicago, IL
1980 Scout ][, 304, TF727, D300, 3" Body lift, 4" Spring lift,
33x12.5xr15 tires, 4 wheel disk, SS][ converted